The products that are used in these salons must also be organic certified and includes any dyes, styling products, conditioners, and shampoos that the salon uses.
Even though the organic hair salon offers their customers healthy beauty services with a smaller amount of exposure to products containing chemicals there are some disadvantages with visiting this type of salon:
- They are more expensive both in services provided and the products they sell
- The organic products can also be shorter-lived and less effective
- Many times the hair dyes used are not as potent so their effects can lose color quicker
- Although the products are organic they can also trigger allergies in people like the synthetic products.
Because using organic hair products are more expensive there are some unsavory people who advertise that they offer hair services that are organic even though they do not properly supply them. Even though they are certified this does not protect customers completely from hair salons that use this practice. Before using an organic hair salon it is best to do a back ground check on their claims to make sure that they are legit. One way to help ensure that the salon is really using organic products is to learn about the qualities and types of popular organic hair care products. If the salon has products on display that are not organic are usually not real organic hair salons. Learn to read the labels so you can spot ingredients that are not organic.
Types of organic hair care product
- Organic shampoos-these products make use of ingredients found in nature and herbs to help create a blend that will help to remove the excess dirt and oil from your hair. Most of these shampoos contain herbs that will leave a clean scent and remove the dirt and oil form every hair follicle. Some of the herbs used can include aloe Vera, rosemary, and peppermint. All of these are noted for their cleaning action and ability to nourish your hair.
- Organic conditioners-this product is made with natural materials that help to cleanse and nourish your hair. Often they are made using rosemary, honey, mint, and other essential oils and herbs.
- Organic hair spray-the common ingredients include extracts, water, and oils.